Menu

Unable to build outside ACADO source tree

2014-09-10
2019-09-05
  • Andrea Zaneli

Andrea Zaneli - 2014-09-10

Hi,

I'm trying to build my own project outside the source tree as explained here:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/acado/wiki/Using%20CMake%20-%20UNIX%20-%20Common/

The build fails as follows:

==========================================================================================
    $ cmake ..
    -- ---> Looking for ACADO toolkit:
    -- Found ACADO toolkit include directories:
    /home/zanellia/ACADOtoolkit/include;/home/zanellia/ACADOtoolkit/external_packages;
    /home/zanellia/ACADOtoolkit/external_packages/csparse/;/home/zanellia/ACADOtoolkit/external_packages/qpOASES-
    3.0beta/include;/home/zanellia/ACADOtoolkit/build/include
    -- Found ACADO toolkit library directories: /home/zanellia/ACADOtoolkit/build/libs
    -- Found ACADO static library: acado_toolkit
    -- Could not find ACADO shared library.
    --
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done
    -- Build files have been written to: /home/zanellia/ACADO_WS/getting_started/build

zanellia@AUTWIN165 ~/ACADO_WS/getting_started/build
    $ make
    Linking CXX executable ../simple_ocp.exe
    CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x24): undefined reference
    to ACADO::DifferentialState::DifferentialState()' CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x24): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbolACADO::DifferentialState::DifferentialState()'
    CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x30): undefined reference
    to ACADO::DifferentialState::DifferentialState()' CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x30): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbolACADO::DifferentialState::DifferentialState()'
    CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference
    to ACADO::DifferentialState::DifferentialState()' CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x3c): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbolACADO::DifferentialState::DifferentialState()'
    CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x4b): undefined reference
    to ACADO::Control::Control()' CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x4b): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbolACADO::Control::Control()'
    CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/simple_ocp.cpp.o:simple_ocp.cpp:(.text+0x5a): undefined reference
    to `ACADO::Parameter::Parameter()'

[..]

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/build.make:88: recipe for target '../simple_ocp.exe' failed
    make[2]: [../simple_ocp.exe] Error 1
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:63: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/all' failed
    make[1]:
    [CMakeFiles/simple_ocp.dir/all] Error 2
    Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    =====================================================================================================

How can I fix it? Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Andrea

• Andrea Zaneli

Andrea Zaneli - 2014-09-10

Solved. Just in case somebody runs in the same issue:

The CMakeLists.txt tells the linker to link against shared libraries which are not exported through acado_env.sh:

export ACADO_ENV_SHARED_LIBRARIES=""

I added all the needed static libraries

export ACADO_ENV_STATIC_LIBRARIES="acado_toolkit;acado_qpOASESextras;
    acado_casadi;acado_csparse"

and their folders. In CMakeLists I've changed to static linking

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( simple_ocp ${ACADO_STATIC_LIBRARIES} ).

After this it works.

• Milan Vukov

Milan Vukov - 2014-09-11

The webpage is fixed. Thanx a lot!

• Vishwas Iyer

Vishwas Iyer - 2019-09-05

I have a similar error. I am trying to create the executable file in a separte folder where i have all the other executables placed. However when i run the program I have the following error:

''error while loading shared libraries: libacado_toolkit_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory''

This doesn't happen if the executable file is creted within the foler the original code is in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.