Menu

AAF to OMF

2005-03-08
2023-03-26
  • Paul London

Paul London - 2005-03-08

Hi,

I am an editor looking for software that can convert an audio AAF into an audio OMF2.  I am using an edit system (Quantel eQ), which only allows you to create audio AAFs.  My partner has a ProTools audio sweetening system.  The ProTools system is supposed to be able to work from an AAF but it cannot.  Audio is often missing and random clips are out of sync.  If I create an AAF with no tails everything is fine (except I now have no tails)

I am working with Quantel (who have been very supportive) to resolve this but it is hard to tell if it is a Quantel problem or Avid (owners of ProTools) problem.  Is there software (Mac or PC) that can convert all my audio AAFs into OMFs ready for sweetening in my partners ProTools system?

Thanks,

Paul.

• John Emmas

John Emmas - 2023-03-24

I know this is an old discussion but I'm also looking for an AAF to OMF converter (to run on Windows). I don't have the AAF source code to hand these days (although it'll be backed up okay) but I've a vague memory of a small command line utility. Is it downloadable from anywhere (to save me having to trawl through all the code again?

Last edit: John Emmas 2023-03-24
  • John Emmas

John Emmas - 2023-03-26

Or is there anywhere to download pre-built versions of the AAF libraries and utility apps?