Menu

IAAFMob2 adding tagged Values

Uli Esser
2013-05-16
2019-01-14
  • Uli Esser

Uli Esser - 2013-05-16

I am working on a media-exchange software to work with avid mediacomposer. as i analyzed the aaf files generated with mc, i discovered that mc stores lot of important data in the "UserComments" and "MobAttributeList" as an array of tagged Values.
    I have found out how to read out those tagged values, but i have no clue how to create and set those values for a Mob or MasterMob via the COM Interface.

Any help welcome ;-)

Last edit: Uli Esser 2013-05-17
  • Uli Esser

Uli Esser - 2013-05-20

I have finally made it. The solution is to register a new PropertyDef with a
    kAAFTypeID_TaggedValueStrongReferenceVector Type and then add a variable Array with References to the tagged values...
    so everything works now, but after all i know AAF and i will never be friends ;-)

• Francesco

Francesco - 2019-01-14

HI
    I'm facing the same issue. I've registered the new propertydef but I don't know how to add it to
    ImportMob.

check(pDictionary->CreateMetaInstance (AUID_AAFTypeDefStrongObjRef, IID_IAAFTypeDefStrongObjRef, (IUnknown **) &spTaggedValueStrongReference));
    check(pDictionary->LookupClassDef(AUID_AAFTaggedValue, &pCDTaggedValue));
    check(spTaggedValueStrongReference->Initialize(kAAFTypeID_TaggedValueStrongReferenceVector, pCDTaggedValue,  kTaggedValueStrongReferenceName));

check(pCDTaggedValue->CreateInstance(IID_IAAFTaggedValue,(IUnknown **)&tv));
    sprintf((char*)value,"2");
    check(tv->Initialize(L"_VERSION",defs.tdString(),2,(aafDataBuffer_t)value));

check (spTaggedValueStrongReference->QueryInterface (IID_IAAFTypeDef, (void **)&ptd));
    check (pDictionary->RegisterTypeDef (ptd));

Please can you help ?