|
From: Sean M. <se...@ro...> - 2011-12-01 16:57:08
|
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:58:21 -0500, Sean McBride said: >For a while my dashboard has been having errors: > ><http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1758323> > >/Users/builder/external/vxl/core/vil1/file_formats/vil1_png.cxx:184:35: >error: member access into incomplete type 'png_info' (aka 'png_info_def') > rows = new png_byte* [info_ptr->height]; > ^ >/usr/X11R6/include/png.h:692:16: note: forward declaration of 'png_info_def' >typedef struct png_info_def png_info; > ^ > >The problem is that it is deciding to use png.h from /usr/X11R6/include >instead of the png.h within vxl itself. If I set VXL_FORCE_V3P_PNG then >it builds. > >Why is it deciding to look in /usr/X11R6? Hi again everyone, Someone pointed me to this offlist: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=650570> and I think I've found the change to the machine that started to make this test fail, it was probably Apple Security Update 2011-006: <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5002> which updated Lion's X11 to libpng 1.5 to fix security vulnerabilities. The conclusion is that vxl is not compatible with libpng 1.5 and vxl should be updated to be compatible or at least detect that it has auto-found an incompatible libpng. Cheers, -- ____________________________________________________________ Sean McBride, B. Eng se...@ro... Rogue Research www.rogue-research.com Mac Software Developer Montréal, Québec, Canada |