Menu

Notepad++ v5.4.4 released

Don HO
2009-07-05
2012-11-13
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2009-07-05

In the 5.4.4 version, there're a lot of bug fixes from previous versions.
    The most important thing is upgrading Scintilla to the current version, that will give Notepad++ more extended capacities in the future releases.

Please check the new release here :
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/

Notepad++ v5.4.4 fixed bugs (from v5.4.3) :

1.  Upgrade Scintilla from 1.77 to 1.78.
    2.  Fix XML syntax highlighting bug while presence of the tag "<script/>" (Yes, finally).
    3.  Fix Find in files/Find in all open files bug in non western languages (ie. Russian, Chinese, Hebrew...).
    4.  Fix the find in files crash issue if find what field contains 0x0A or 0xD.
    5.  Fix Window7 SetWindowsHookEx() failed issue for the dockable windows. (by recognizing windows7 environment)
    6.  Fix no tool bar bug under w2k.
    7.  Fix Incremental search bug while clicking on text zone after some searches.
    8.  Fix Matlab script making Notepad++ crash under Chinese windows issue.
    9.  Make NpWiki++ link available as on line help.
    10. Add lines count on status bar.
    11. Fix "In selection" bug in Find Replace features.
    12. Fix the clickable link issue for some links (add '~' in RegExp).
    13. Fix the bug that Notepad++ does not show on while it is minimized and its file is modified from outside.
    14. NppHelp.chm is updated.

Included plugins (Unicode):

1.  TextFX v0.26
    2.  NppExec v0.3 RC1
    3.  Spell Checker v1.3.2
    4.  MIME Tools v1.5
    5.  FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.  NppExport v0.2.8
    7.  Doc Monitor v2.2
    8.  NppNetNote v0.1
    9.  ChangeMarkers 1.2.1

Included plugins (ANSI):

1.   TextFX v0.25
    2.   NppExec v0.3 RC1
    3.   Spell Checker v1.3.1
    4.   MIME Tools v1.5
    5.   FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.   NppExport v0.2.8
    7.   Light Explorer v1.5
    8.   Doc Monitor v2.2
    9.   NppNetNote v0.1
    10.  ChangeMarkers 1.2.1

Please let us know if you find any critical bug.

Happy coding,
    Don

• koyama

koyama - 2009-07-11

Format > Encode in ANSI ------stopped working. In v5.4.3 it worked like a charm.

Normally, you could toggle encoding much like the way View > Character Encoding works in Firefox. In Notepad++ v5.4.4 it gets stuck after one change.

I tried with fresh install on Windows XP (no plugins).

• Showmaster

Showmaster - 2009-07-05

Thanks for the new release, Don.
      But found a little bug... if you are normally in the npp window and click on the app-entry in the startmenu-bar then the editor window minimizes, but immediately pops up again.
      Minimizing the window using the icon on top right works normally.
      Tobias

• Don HO

Don HO - 2009-07-05

Thank you for the hands up, Tobias.

I just did a quick fix, so please redownload it and try again.
        Please notice me if you find any anomalies.

Don

• joergenr

joergenr - 2009-07-06

After I updated to v5.4.4 the tool tips for the icons on the tool bar are wrong. The tool tips for the plug-in icons show the name of the first menu item in the plug-in menu. I tried a clean install. It didn't help.

Jørgen Rasmussen

• Klaviator

Klaviator - 2009-07-05

Thanks, Don, the minimizing bug has gone now - had the same problem like Tobias.
      btw: Great work again!! :-)

Dominik

• Rafał

Rafał - 2009-07-05

I have downloaded zip package and inside unicode/plugins directory there are two files named: "APIs" and "doc" which I believe should be directories with files inside. Ansi directory does not have this problem.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2009-07-06

Damn, you're right about it!
        I remove both zip and 7z package, and added the new ones.

Please let me know if you find another thing.

Don

• nnobby

nnobby - 2009-07-06

I think you forgot to update npp.5.4.4.release.md5.

• irradium

irradium - 2009-07-06

I've downloaded the new version but after upgrade the files (manually) my  plugin's shortcut don't work anymore:  in the menu I see that they going back to the default (like CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-E for the Explorer) but also if I using these shortcuts nothing happen .  I'm missing something or is it a bug ?
      Thanks
      Mauro

• Kela

Kela - 2009-07-06

I think, it is bug. I have reported about it here: https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=7481554

• Oren Farhi

Oren Farhi - 2009-07-06

i'm also having this bug with the shortcuts.

• Sharl.Jimh.Tsin

Sharl.Jimh.Tsin - 2009-07-06

try it now

• deus-ex

deus-ex - 2009-07-06

> 12. Fix the clickable link issue for some links (add '~' in RegExp).

Outstanding update, Don! All http:// links are displayed and working correctly now.

However currently Notepad++ does not recognize ftp:// links. Could you please add support for these in the next update as well, please? Also it would be great if Notepad++ could recognize URLs starting just with a "www." (i.e. without a leading http://\) as working links, too.

Thank you for this marvelous editor, Don. Also much respect  and thanks to all involved in development providing patches and plugins.

• deus-ex

deus-ex - 2009-07-06

In addition to my previous post: above:

The Sourceforge forum software modofied the "w w w ." to a "h t t p : // w w w ." thus removing the sense of my sentence. So once again, hopefully displayed right this time:

It would be great if Notepad++ could recognize URLs starting just with a "w w w ." ( without leading h t t p : // ) as working links, too.

• cchris

cchris - 2009-07-07

Perhaps changing the way to identify a link to: it is a link if it has "://" inside would solve all the https, then ftp, then gopher, then whatever protocol issues.

Adding the extra rule that  ^www\.  and \swww\. also trigger a hotspot would be a good idea.

But then, I'd ask for a context menu entry for "Toggle hotspot styling", because of the potential for wrong behaviour that can't be corrected by simple inspection of nearby text..

CChris

• cchris

cchris - 2009-07-07

Confirmed: using the installer for 5.4.4 dated July 5, 2009 23:53 , entries in plugin menus do work, but corresponding keyboard shortcuts do not.

CChris

• Chris

Chris - 2009-07-07

Doesn't run under Windows 7 even in compatability mode :( I needs me NPP!!

• Valentin

Valentin - 2009-07-07

v5.4.4 doesn't search case insensitive anymore in cyrillic text. It's would be great if correct it.

• xm

xm - 2009-07-08

All the plugin shortcuts stop working for me too (manual installation from the 7z).