Menu

v5.1 typing a colon ":" removes all indention

Phaxmohdem
2008-12-01
2012-11-13
  • Phaxmohdem

Phaxmohdem - 2008-12-01

I've never had this problem until I upgraded to 5.1, but when editing in PHP mode, every time I type a colon ":" it always removes all indention for the line I am typing on.  Very annoying.  Any fixes, or should I just revert to a previous version.

• Andy M

Andy M - 2008-12-17

I've had this problem for the last week or so.
      Just tried Bradley's fix, and it did the trick nicely for me.

Thanks very much Bradley!

• Phaxmohdem

Phaxmohdem - 2008-12-01

Found out this is related to the nppAutoIndent plugin, and only happens in "smart Indent" mode.  don't know how to fix this though besides turning off smart indent.

• Soaa

Soaa - 2008-12-02

I just posted about this problem without seeing this thread. It's annoying indeed; I with we could have a better auto-indent.

• Bradley A. Town

Bradley A. Town - 2008-12-05

If you're comfortable downloading and changing the code for NppAutoIndent, you can find and change the line:

return LineLabel;

to

return LineOpen;

I've posted a modified version of both the ANSI and Unicode DLLs here:

http://cid-6c4c1a7c77d5eb1a.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/NppAutoIndent%7C_fixedcolonindent.zip

• a2h

a2h - 2008-12-14

I have this problem too! Got a version mismatch error with Bradley's fix, but I still seem to have working indents without the : problem. Woo!

• a2h

a2h - 2008-12-14

Bah, the error's recurring. I'm on version 5.1, so I don't see what's wrong...

• nikpmr

nikpmr - 2012-05-27

I know this is a very old thread, but no other auto-indent solution has come
    along since, which is pretty sad.
    Would anyone know the code to changing NppAutoIndent so that the "#" doesn't do
    this as well (typing a # as the first character of a line treats the line as a
    comment, i.e. disables smart indent for that block and removes all indentation
    for that line)? This becomes a major pain when typing CSS.