Menu

Missing 1st letter on UserName/PW

Alex
2008-08-15
2012-11-20
  • Alex

Alex - 2008-08-15

I use:

Auto-Type: {DELAY 50}1{DELAY 50}{BACKSPACE}{USERNAME}{TAB}{DELAY 50}1{DELAY 50}{BACKSPACE}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}

And have not had missing letters anymore, neither on User Name nor on Password on IE and Firefox.
    Using both 1.11 and 2.05  - XP Pro, SP3

Please try it and let us know if it works for you too

• mjk

mjk - 2008-08-19

Hi Alex,

I have tried your Auto-Type sequence as described in your post and it works brilliantly for me. Thank you so much!

Best regards,

M.

• Paul

Paul - 2008-08-28

Alex,

I have compared your version against the "prepend initialisation sequence" provided in KeePass V1.12.

Your version produces consistent results in IE7 on my test system, whilst the KeePass prepend only works 1 or 2 out of 3. Your version also seems to work for other programs as long as they are not upset by backspaces - some terminal emulators.

My testing is not exhaustive and I will continue to test it as part of my normal work.

cheers, Paul

• Tony Gravagno

Tony Gravagno - 2008-08-28

I came to this forum and thread specifically looking for an answer to this problem. I use PhraseExpress as a sort of hotkey/macro processor. This may interfere with the clipboard operations in KeePass. Not sure. All issues observed so far are with IE.

I just upgraded to 1.12 and even the prepend doesn't solve this issue. (BTW, the word "prepend" is not in the list of help keywords.) I have been using my own form of this Delay tactic with marginal success, delaying up to a painful 1000ms between tabs but not using the dummy/backspace/data technique described here. I've switched the default to this and will post if this successfully avoids further errors.

Unfortunately I have customized the autotype for a LOT of my entries just to avoid the problem. My testing now consists of stripping out my customizations one by one to see if the new default will work.

Thanks for the notes, folks.

• Stephen Dyke

Stephen Dyke - 2008-08-29

Please forgive a novice at this work.  Would you explain exactly how to type in the autotype sequence?  Specifically: 1) do you type in the brackets, and delay 50, backspace, tab and enter, etc.  Also, do type "username", or do you put in the actual name?  Same for the password.  I am not trying to appear to ignorant but have been very frustrated trying to use the auto type.  Thanks.

• Paul

Paul - 2008-08-30

Copy the entire line above and paste it into the Notes field of your test entry, then try Auto-Type. If it works you can change the default Auto-Type by adding all of the test to the right of the colon (:) in the line above as the new Auto-Type sequence.
      http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html#changedefaultseq

cheers, Paul

• Stephen Dyke

Stephen Dyke - 2008-08-30

Paul,
      Many thanks for the help and it is working OK with the above.  I appreciate your time and knowledge given to help me.
      Stephen

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-08-30

I tested it in Firefox 3 with a plugin named "Keylogger 1.0".
      Result is Keylogger know all what KeePass typed :(

One else: I try with ActualSpy software, omg it can record all typing, clipboard, any key that KeePass types... I hope KeePass with add new feature that help us avoid logger tools.

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2008-08-31

KeePass 2.x already supports Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation (TCATO), which defeats keyloggers, see [1].

Best regards
        Dominik

[1] http://keepass.info/help/v2/autotype_obfuscation.html