I noticed that FMJ not sending StopEvent when movie are finished. Maybe i am wrong so please correct me.
I really need to know when movie are finished bcos I need to restart him again and again in loop.
Serg
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Could you please try the following:
1. set the fmj logging level to fine in logging.properties:
fmj.level=FINE
2. run fmj studio, play your media file. Send me the log.
When I play something, I get EndOfMediaEvent, which is a StopEvent.
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Playing MPEG4 at this resolution with ffmpeg-java is currently terrible slow and it takes 100% cpu usage here.
I'm currently working on a SDL fmj-renderer plugin with YUV-Overlay and conversion support (I have a SDLPlayerExample already).
Then fmj should be (almost) as fast as ffplay, which plays your movie flawlessy.
Stephan
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
There may be timing issues with playback; can you send me a link to the file that plays incorrectly, as well as try a few other movies (such as the sample avi included with fmj in samplemedia) to see if they have the same problem?
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Hello!
I noticed that FMJ not sending StopEvent when movie are finished. Maybe i am wrong so please correct me.
I really need to know when movie are finished bcos I need to restart him again and again in loop.
Serg
What type of movie are you playing? If you use your code with JMF does it send a StopEvent?
I tested it with 2 files(both are working with JFM without any problems)
First: VIDEO: [XVID] 640x480 24bpp 25.000 fps 1615.3 kbps (197.2 kbyte/s)
Second: VIDEO: [XVID] 512x384 12bpp 23.976 fps 1507.0 kbps (184.0 kbyte/s)
Serg
Could you please try the following:
1. set the fmj logging level to fine in logging.properties:
fmj.level=FINE
2. run fmj studio, play your media file. Send me the log.
When I play something, I get EndOfMediaEvent, which is a StopEvent.
Playing MPEG4 at this resolution with ffmpeg-java is currently terrible slow and it takes 100% cpu usage here.
I'm currently working on a SDL fmj-renderer plugin with YUV-Overlay and conversion support (I have a SDLPlayerExample already).
Then fmj should be (almost) as fast as ffplay, which plays your movie flawlessy.
Stephan
Could you play the test movie you are using in FMJStudio and send me the console output? That would help me?
Hello!
Thanks for your replay:)
I have uploaded files for you - first is log of plaing, second - demo movie.
http://axonsoftware.biz/res/demo.avi.log
http://axonsoftware.biz/res/demo.avi
As you can see I dont have any Stop or End events... This is confusing:)
Serg
this appears to be a bug in fmj's gstreamer Handler. I've filed it as
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1817469&group_id=161490&atid=820044
In the meantime, you could try disabling gstreamer-java and trying ffmpeg-java instead, I don't believe it has the same problem.
To disable gstreamer-java:
run fmj registry and remove "net.sf.fmj.gst" from the content prefix list, and save.
To restore your fmj registry to the defaults, delete .fmj.registry.xml from your home dir.
It is not recommended that you keep your .fmj.registry.xml when upgrading to a new version of fmj.
you may also wish to try fmj from cvs, there have been many ffmpeg-java improvements since the release you are running, but no new release.
Ken
Hello Ken!
Yes, this helps a lot, thanks!
But now I have another problem - playing process are very slow using ffmpeg(this is strange).
Serg
There may be timing issues with playback; can you send me a link to the file that plays incorrectly, as well as try a few other movies (such as the sample avi included with fmj in samplemedia) to see if they have the same problem?
I am still using my http://axonsoftware.biz/res/demo.avi for tests
So, is there a way how to play mpeg4(divx) fast on Linux box and have StopEvent:)?