Menu

Update HTMLArea

2005-06-14
2013-06-04
  • Phil Collins

Phil Collins - 2005-06-14

Hi,

I've been asked to update the version of HTMLArea to 3.0rc1 in our copy of APLAWS+. Has anyone else done this or can you let me know what I need to do?

Thanks,

Phil

• chris gilbert

chris gilbert - 2005-06-14

Hi Phil,

I think Fabrice from Runtime said they were using this somewhere and that it would be included in a future Aplaws release. I suspect the replacement is a straightforward matter of changing the relevant files in ccm-core/web/assets/htmlarea but I haven't actually done it myself so hopefully someone else can advise.

Out of interest, do you know which particular features have prompted the request to upgrade?

Chris.....

• Phil Collins

Phil Collins - 2005-06-17

Hi Chris,

I've not looked at the new features. We've had some problems with using forms in Articles and we wanted to see if these had been fixed in the newer release.

Phil

• Fabrice Retkowsky

Hi - yes we're using 3.0rc1 - I think there was a bit more work than just dumping the new files on top of the old ones - the editor is called in a different way. I'll dig up the exact details and get back to you.

• Fabrice Retkowsky

Hi Phil,

Dumping the new files in the htmlarea is not quite enough; I also had to modify:

ccm-core/web/packages/formbuilder/xsl/formbuilder.xsl

and:

ccm-core/web/packages/bebop/xsl/DHTMLEditor.xsl

That's all in subversion now, if you want to have a look...

cheers

• Phil Collins

Phil Collins - 2005-06-24

Hi Fabrice,

I the 3.0rc1 release of HTMLArea and copies of formbuilder.xsl and DHTMLEditor.xsl files from subversion into our APLAWS but when I go to edit an Article Body Text the edit buttons are missing and I can't switch between WYSIWYG and source view.

Is this a setting that we need to enable or have I missed a step?

Thanks,

Phil

• Phil Collins

Phil Collins - 2005-06-29

This was my mistake as I had installed the 3.0rc1 release from the http://www.dynarch.com web site.

Installed the version from the subversion repository and the edit buttons are present.

This version of htmlarea still has the bugs regarding forms that I've logged in previous posts so had to make the changes again.