Menu

helpwith my 2nd map

Help
Dan
2003-01-21
2003-01-22
  • Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

i need help  i have made a set of steps and i want to copy and paste it all(the steps)
    is it possible?

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

and how do u link teleporters??

• Jeremiah

Jeremiah - 2003-01-21

What editor are you using to make the map with?

• Jeff Myers

Jeff Myers - 2003-01-21

BZedit for windows does not supply any copy and paste features for world objects. A feature called grouping will allow you to do what you describe, but that has yet to be implememnted.

you could open the map file in a text editor and copy the ojbects you wanted, then change there positions manualy.

There is a short tutorial on how to make maps, and how to link teleporters at www.artemisgames.com/bzedit just click on the "tutorial" button.

You may also want to the unofical BZ boards. They are bit more informal, and have a tendecny to get answerd faster then these. they are at .http://bzbb.homelinux.org/

• Jeff Myers

Jeff Myers - 2003-01-21

BZedit for windows does not supply any copy and paste features for world objects. A feature called grouping will allow you to do what you describe, but that has yet to be implememnted.

you could open the map file in a text editor and copy the ojbects you wanted, then change there positions manualy.

There is a short tutorial on how to make maps, and how to link teleporters at www.artemisgames.com/bzedit just click on the "tutorial" button.

You may also want to the unofical BZ boards. They are bit more informal, and have a tendecny to get answerd faster then these. they are at .http://bzbb.homelinux.org/

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

BZEdit1.5.9f6

• Jeremiah

Jeremiah - 2003-01-21

Not familiar with BZEdit - last time I made a map, I handcoded it :D.

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

ok thanks  do u know about the teleporters?

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

ok i found it   i didenet read i that bit
      thank again Dan

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

and anoutyer prob  it dident explain on the website
      :(

do u know how to do it?

• Jeff Myers

Jeff Myers - 2003-01-21

Please put a post in the BZEDIT section at http://bzbb.homelinux.org/

It's a better place to discuss this. This forum is for help and bugs with the actual game, not the tools that others have writen.

I do know how to make links. Put a post in that board and I'll help you out.

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-21

ok thanks

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-22

dident know u can handcode it

what does it mean :P

• Jeff Myers

Jeff Myers - 2003-01-22

The map is just a text file, open one in a text editor and you can see the objects.