Xenos Engine is an open source scriptable 3d simulation engine. Xenos provides a unified interface to a diverse collection of open source libraries, exposed to an easy to use scripting language.
- High performance realtime 3d rendering.
- Fast and easy physics system with collision detection and response.
- Simple and robust network communication.
- Embedded transactional SQL database.
- Positional 3d audio.
- Support for keyboard, mouse, and joystick.
- Easy to use scripting language.
- Platform independent! Run on Windows, Linux, OSX, Solaris, and others.
- Extensible material library with vertex, pixel, and geometry shader support.
- Special effects like particles, billboards, light maps, environment mapping, shadows, and more.
- Powerful customizeable 2d GUI System with Buttons, Lists, and Edit boxes.
- 2d drawing functions like alpha blending, color key based blitting, and font drawing.
- Support for common 3d file formats: Maya (.obj), 3DStudio (.3ds), and Microsoft DirectX (.X).
- Support for common audio file formats: Waveform Audio (.wav) and Ogg Vorbis (.ogg).
- Support for common 2d texture formats: Windows Bitmap (.bmp), Portable Network Graphics (.png), and Truevision Targa (.tga)
Be the first to post a review of XenosEngine!