The 2DX Project is an ongoing project aiming to provide powerful, versatile, and felxible tools for 2D graphics programming in Java.
The 2DX-GL core library provides utilities for animation, geometry, basic physics, and more.
The Snap2D game engine/library builds upon the 2DX-GL core library by adding features like 2D world management tools, a dedicated scripting language, and high level rendering via the user's choice of either OpenGL or Java2D (OpenGL recommended for high perormance rendering, of course). Check out the full features list on GitHub.
Visit the project on GitHub for source code, a full overview of features, instructions, and documetnation.
- Cross platform 2D graphics
- High level rendering engines (separate OpenGL and Java2D frameworks)
- 2D world managment framework
- Built-in, runtime compiled scripting language 'SnapScript'
- Basic physics through 2DX-GL physics API (more will be available in Snap2D)
- Polygon based collision detection
- Easy to use Java2D animation framework
- Math, geometry, and general utilities
- And more! See the project's GitHub page for more information on what's in the works.
Be the first to post a review of The 2DX Project!