TRAK Enterprise Architecture
The TRAK Enterprise Architecture Framework document (TRAK_Overall.pdf) is one of 3 that collectively define the TRAK Enterprise Architecture framework. The others are:
- TRAK Viewpoints at http://trakviewpoints.sourceforge.net (specifications for views)
- TRAK Metamodel at http://trakmetamodel.sourceforge.net (the objects and relationships)
This document provides the top level specification for TRAK, its relationship with ISO/IEC 42010, defines conformance with TRAK and provides overall rules. It invokes the TRAK Viewpoints and TRAK Metamodel documents.
TRAK-on-a-page.pdf provides a vert short guide to using TRAK.
TRAK on the Internet
- TRAK Community - http://trak-community.org
- TRAK Group on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/groups/TRAK-Enterprise-Architecture-Framework-3256940
- TRAK Group on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172938462752985
- Implementations of TRAK e.g. Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Salamander MooD, Microsoft Visio, OmniGraffle (Mac, iPad) etc. http://trak.sourceforge.net/implementations.html
This release adds an explicit requirement to identify the version of a (conforming) architecture description. This meets the requirement in paragraph 5.6 of ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011 which requires: 'Each architecture model shall include version identification as specified by the organization and/or project.'
The changes are outlined at http://trak.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/trak/trunk/?view=log
Other Formats of Documents
.PDF - Adobe Portable Document Format
The following are conversions and may be missing content or formatting:
.MOBI - Amazon format for reading on a Kindle
.EPUB - Apple format for reading on a Mac or iOS device e.g. iPhone, iPad
Get Notified of Files Released on this Site
If you'd like to be notified of file releases rather than having to remember to visit the site and check you can do so using RSS. Simply add (subscribe to) the following URL in your RSS reader or MS Outlook / Apple Mail etc:
Folder Structure on Sourceforge
- documents concerned with implementation of TRAK in modelling or drawing tools. Includes specification of names to be used for objects, attributes, enumerated lists, standards that apply e.g. RFCs etc.
Suitability of Architecture Description Language
- documents mapping notation languages to TRAK
- documents relating to the international standard for architecture description ISO/IEC 42010
Steering Group Documents
- documents created or used by the TRAK Steering Group responsible for directing and co-ordinating the definition of TRAK
- documents relating to the International Council on Systems Engineering. Currently comments from the UK Architecture Working Group.