A robotic DIY styrofoam cutter consisting of one rotational and two translational axes. It cuts a variety of shapes out of styrofoam-like materials using a hot wire. This project documents the necessary hardware and software parts.
Don't miss the follow-up project at http://raumschaum.org
Its goal is to further develop hardware and software into an user friendly application.
- all-in-one: motor controller & GUI software
- cuts 3D rotationally symmetric objects
- cuts arbitray 3D objects from *.STL model
- embedded outline editor
- 3D (OpenGL) Model Preview
- embedded easy to use CNC-like command language for advanced users
There are no 4 star reviews.