Very lightweight and minimalistic python browser with webkit
A minimalistic, quick and simple (KISS simple) browser implemented in python using pywebkitgtk, pygtk and python 2.7.3.
Do note that this project would use python 3.x, however the owner has no desire whatsoever to port webkit to python 3.x at this time.
The goal of this project is to create a simple, fast and easily expandable (for now manually, later on with easy python addons). For now configuration will be done using text files and (in case of adding features) doing small modifications to the source code. The code will be extensively commented and written in a simple language (python) to allow easy modification.
It is intended for advanced users and developers to experiment with an open browser to add their own features.
Do note that the browser is minimalistic. This means that some features that the author considers to be "bloated", like mouse gestures, long configurations, etc. will not be supported (but can be made by you).
This software is licensed under the GPLv3
- Very clean code - easy to modify according to users needs
- Multiple REMOVED features as compared to other browsers - faster
- No wheel reinvention - this is a new project, it doesn't reinvent old stuff, but focuses on a new philosophy
- Threading enabled! - asynchronous loading and tabbing
- GTK+ meaning tested and proven technology as the interface
Be the first to post a review of Sharp View!