A cross platform Python frequency scanning GUI for USB TV dongles, using the OsmoSDR rtl-sdr library.
In other words a cheap, simple Spectrum Analyser.
More information can be found at:
Sources are available on GitHub:
- Cheap, simple Spectrum Analyser
- Cross platform: Windows, Linux (including Raspberry Pi) and OS X
- Graphical user and command line interfaces
- Wide bandwidth scans (around 2GHz dependent on dongle)
- Export to bitmaps, vectors, CSV or PDF
I like this app, I just wish it had the ability to set the range to sub-Mhz. For example I'd like to be able to scan 55.230 - 55.270 Mhz and not waste time scanning from 55-56 Mhz. An chance of this being possible?