PhonixJ is a simple, light and feature rich desktop phone-book application written in Java. It uses Sqlite database files, so it is quite portable. The program runs on Linux, Windows and (soon coming ) MacOS.
- Add/remove contacts
- Create vCard v.3.0
- Create Contact Card in .SVG
- Create mail envelope address
- Sophisticated search engine
- Customizable printing options
- Support for email and browser clients
- Batch export/import of the contacts via .vcf (3.0) files (tested with Kontact)
- A tool to select multiple e-mail addresses, copy them to clipboard and open compose mail
Current version: 1.0.3
- Added notes record to each contact
- If you want to see it in your own language, please download the Main.properties, and translate it, then send it back to me.
Please contact me if you'd help, and specify your special needs if any.
Installed today on Kubuntu 13.04 with KDE 4.11.00. PhonixJ looks pretty good, but the translation isn't complete e.g: in the main window I've got my native language, german. In settings there is a language mix: hungarian and english, no german. An other point beside languages is, is there the possibility to import my contacts from somwhere, or do I have to type them in manually? Good work, keep it going!