*****About and Instructions******
-----Corrupt Open Office Recovery Version 1.3.0-----
This program will extract the text even from damaged or corrupted Open
Office files 2.X and 3.X files with the extensions .odt, ods and .odp.
It may succeed at doing so where Open Office itself fails to salvage
text. It will also attempt to recover formatting in the form of a full
Open Office file with a regular, odt, ods or odp extension. This program
can be used as a viewer of text within healthy Open Office files without
having Open Office installed.
The text extraction is accomplished with the use of the command line
application, SILVERCODERS DocToText: http://silvercoders.com/en/products/
doctotext. The reconstructed version of the Open Office file is
accomplished by unzipping the Open Office file with the relatively zip
corruption immune 7zip unzipper. Once unzipped, the manifest/minifest.xml
file is replaced with a greatly simplified version as described here:
If this application doesn't work, there are other things worth trying
as summarized here: http://s2services.com/open_office.htm.
----Changes to 1.3.0----
1. Updated the "S2SERVICES" coupon expiration date to Nov. 1, 2014.
2. Updated the icons.
----Changes to 1.2.1----
1. Now digitally signing the setup and uninstall executables.
2. Updated the expiration date for Recoveronix' Online File Repair
service using the coupon "S2SERVICES," to Nov 1, 2013.
----Changes to 1.2----
1. Added an Alternatives menu.
2. Added a zip repair pretreatment.
3. Changed the File menu from checkmark to command.
4. Switched unzipper to 7zip.
----Changes to 0.22----
1. First released version.
-----How to use this program------
1. Click on the File Menu and choose Full Recovery or the
2. Choose your Open Office file with the extension .odt, .ods or .odp.
3. If you chose a salvage method, your extracted text will be displayed.
If you chose a the Full Recovery choice the application will attempt
to launch a recovered version with the software currently assigned as
the default for the corrupt file's extension, odt, ods or odp.
4. If you chose a Salvage method, you can Edit, the text as desired.
5. Next, choose the Save menu choice on the File Menu and save the text
file to the name and file location you wish you wish for your salvaged
This program is made by Paul D Pruitt (socrtwo) and uses SILVERCODERS
It also uses Perl/Tk code for the GUI elements as described here
http://www.bin-co.com/perl/perl_tk_tutorial/. Finally for unzipping
it uses the command line version of 7Zip,
* My software website is http://www.godskingsandheroes.info/software/.
* Also visit my data recovery software list http://www.s2services.com.
* My E-Mail: socrtwo@s2services
* My phone number is 301-493-4982.
* I do data recovery for $22 an incident. I sometimes do charity work.