This is a Manga reader app for Android that allows you to quickly OCR and lookup Japanese words in real-time. It is primarily intended for those learning the Japanese language. Requires Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) or higher. No ads and no mysterious network permissions. Supports both EDICT and EPWING dictionaries.
- Supports thse file formats: CBZ, CBR, ZIP, RAR, PNG, JPG, BMP
- OCR unknown Japanese words
- Automatically perform Rikaichan-style dictionary lookup on the first OCR'd word
- View results from EDICT and up to 4 EPWING dictionaries at the same time.
- Toggle vertical/horizontal text orientation
- Toggle binarization (advanced, default is ON)
- OCR'd text can be sent to these destinations: Clipboard, OCR Error Correction Editor, Aedict app, AnkiDroid app, Eijiro/ALC J-E web dictionary, Goo Jisho J-E/J-J web dictionary, Sanseido J-J web dictionary, Yahoo Jisho J-E/J-J web dictionary, Google web search, Google image search
- Settings that allow you to modify colors and hide unneeded OCR buttons
- "Nudge" buttons for minor capture box adjustments
- Bounding boxes are displayed over text recognized by the OCR engine
- OCR text substitutions (advanced - edit <sdcard>/Android/data/com.cb4960.ocrmr/substitutions.txt)
Be the first to post a review of OCR Manga Reader for Android!