This is a Manga reader app for Android that allows you to quickly OCR and lookup Japanese words in real-time. It is primarily intended for those learning the Japanese language. Requires Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) or higher. No ads and no mysterious network permissions. Supports both EDICT and EPWING dictionaries.
- Supports these file formats: CBZ, CBR, ZIP, RAR, PNG, JPG, BMP
- OCR unknown Japanese words
- Automatically perform Rikaichan-style dictionary lookup on the first OCR'd word
- View results from EDICT and up to 4 EPWING dictionaries at the same time
- Attempts to strip out furigana during OCR image pre-processing.
- Toggle vertical/horizontal text orientation
- OCR'd text can be sent to these destinations: Clipboard, OCR Error Correction Editor, Aedict app, AnkiDroid app, Eijiro/ALC J-E web dictionary, Goo Jisho J-E/J-J web dictionary, Sanseido J-J web dictionary, Yahoo Jisho J-E/J-J web dictionary, Google web search, Google image search
- Settings that allow you to modify colors and hide unneeded OCR buttons
- Swipes, buttons, and tap behaviors can be customized.
- Bounding boxes are displayed over text recognized by the OCR engine
- "Nudge" buttons for minor capture box adjustments
Be the first to post a review of OCR Manga Reader for Android!