Restful Web Service adapter for the NextBus prediction and transit network reporting service. This implementation uses XSD Schema, JAXB and a domain object model to decouple the consuming application from the over-the-wire representation of the data. NextBus is currently providing real-time bus data in several major metro transit agencies including, but not limited to MBTA (Boston), Toronto, Seattle, Brooklyn, Staten Island as well as a number of University towns. In additional to the standalone Adapter, an Enterprise Service Bus pump and demonstration subscription client are available for those interested in Asynchronous integration of the transit feed.
- XSD Schema and JAXB parser-based for easy long-term maintenance of service XML.
- Zero external dependencies - only requires JRE 5 features (JUL logging, JAXB)
- Clean Loosely Coupled Domain POJO model
- Comprehensive JUnit tests against XSD Schema and live-wire protocol
- Javadoc and UML diagrams of key class hierarchies to help sustain code support.
- Serializable Domain classes - ready for remoting or object persistence
- Extra Enterprise Service Bus Kit using Spring Integration and Apache ActiveMQ
Thanks for Nextbusapi, it's the best!