The mktwpol package is a companion pair of scripts, useful to automate the installation of tripwire, create plain-text tripwire policy files, and maintain a tripwire database.
twsetup.sh is a bash script for completing a first time tripwire set-up with a minimum of fuss and study. It describes what it is going to do (including showing the exact commands that will be run), then calls twadmin, mktwpol.sh and tripwire to make key files, generate tripwire policy, encrypt the policy, and make the tripwire database.
mktwpol.sh is a bash script that creates a plain-text tripwire policy file tailored to the packages and files currently installed on a system. The mktwpol-generic.sh script (not included in the release tarballs, but can be found in the "code" section) can be adapted to Linux distributions other than Gentoo.
- Automates creation of tripwire policy that matches installed packages
- System intrusion review reported by application-type groups
- Facilitates creation of fine-grained tripwire policies
- A generic version of mktwpol.sh is adaptable to any package manager
- twsetup.sh script greatly simplifies the first time set-up of tripwire
Be the first to post a review of mktwpol - Tripwire Policy Generator!