MangaReader - Python Port
Last Updated on 2010-10-23
Under MIT License:
Copyright (c) 2010 Joochul Park
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- It's an image viewer program tailored to be a manga viewer.
- Its usage is similar to OneManga's viewer and MangaFox's viewer.
- Uses keyboard shortcuts to move about the pages.
- Can adjust the viewing area's display size(zoom of the image).
- Can recursively read subdirectories and display all those who have
valid image files to display.
- Binary Zip File:
+ Unpack the binary zip file to a folder of your choice.
+ Start MangaReader.exe
- Source Code:
+ REQUIRES : Python 2.6
+ REQUIRES : wxPython 2.8
+ REQUIRES : PIL 1.1.6
+ Start MangaReader.py
- "O" key for Open Folder
- Left Arrow key for previous page (jump to previous chapter if
beginning of current chapter)
- Right Arrow key for next page (jump to next chapter if end of
- Spacebar for scroll down/next page (if scrolled all the way dow,
it'll jump to next page)
- "X" key to quit program
- "A" key to minimize program
- Click on Image for next page (if the image was resized since it was
bigger than allowed view area, then clicking on the image will make
the image be resized to fit the width of the view area (like for
2-page images) then it'll jump to next page on next click.)
- Error Output is redirected to MangaReader.log on same directory as
the program executable. When reporting errors, let me know the contents
of that log file as well as what you were trying to do (i.e. directory
structure of your manga files, file name attempting to view/read, etc)
- Finally managed to compile it to 1 executable with py2exe. Also had
real life issues so couldn't spend much time into this so... after a
whole 5 months later, I managed to get back into this and managed to
compile it into an executable xD Still.... 6MB @.@ ... ... ...
Maybe I should try porting it to VC++...... might come out smaller...
- Ported program to Python. I think I ported most everything that the HTA
App had. Main reason was that when it was reading lots of directories,
the HTA App would give script timeout error, and it was annoying so...
Also, this way, I can include more features than had I kept this as an
HTA Application... or at least that's how I try to justify converting a
61.6KB application to a 15MB one(binary, compiled with cx_Freeze)...
2010-05-14 (HTA Application)
- Couple of bug fixes... (honestly... forgot what I changed so... I have
no idea @.@ but I DO remember they were fixes... of some kind... -d-;;;)
- Added code so that it'll filter out empty directories or directories
that do not have any image files in them.
2010-05-07 (HTA Application)
- Completed project as an HTA application.
- Uploaded to SourceForge.net