This is an open-hardware Infrared Remote Controlled USB keyboard, without keys, implemented using a PIC micro-controller and MikroC. IRK! enables you to use your LEARNING remote control to control any system that you can plug a USB keyboard into (Windows, Linux, Mac). Great for controlling a home theatre system such as MythTV, XBMC or Media Center. No drivers are required.
You can program *any* USB keyboard function (with or without Control, Alt, Shift and GUI modifiers) to a button on your infrared remote control and when you press that button IRK! will send the corresponding USB keystroke to the host computer.
You can program *any* USB Consumer Device control code too...for example, Play, Pause, Mute, Volume up, Volume down, and many others.
- IRK! teaches your LEARNING remote control IR codes
- IRK! lets you map IR codes to USB keystrokes - for example, Shift+Enter
- IRK! sends the USB keystroke to your PC when you press a button on your infrared remote control
- IRK! sends USB System Control codes (Power off, sleep, wake) to your PC
- IRK! devices can have one of 256 addresses - so you can have multiple IRK!'s
- IRK! handles broadcasts - so multiple IRK!'s can respond to a single IR button
- IRK! can remotely press the POWER and RESET buttons on your PC (if wired)
- IRK! supports USB Consumer Device functions (e.g. Mute, Play, Pause, Stop, etc.)
- IRK! has a programmable LCD backlight delay (or ON/OFF commands)
- IRK! requires NO drivers for Windows/Linux etc
Be the first to post a review of IRK! Infrared Remote USB Keyboard!