HTML5Media is a DITA Open Toolkit plugin and authoring UI that helps DITA content creators insert media such as video, audio and animated graphics into DITA source. When the DITA-OT outputs HTML to an HTML5-aware browser, the html5media plugin transforms the DITA media xrefs into HTML5-complient video, audio and canvas tags. The authoring UI helps writers preview media before insertion into DITA source. XML playlists provide a means of storage for media metadata.
There are two zipped files to download. One contains the base code; the other contains sample media files. Click "Browse All Files" to find both.
- A way for authors to preview the media before insertion into DITA.
- Auto-generated xref tags that can be inserted into DITA.
- Transformation from the DITA xref to an HTML5 media element.
- Auto-updated media references.
- A systematic, albeit basic, way of managing media metadata.
Be the first to post a review of html5media!