Many a times when we connect our PenDrive to a PC or Laptop,
wedon't see our files and folders, instead see one or multiple
Assuming these shortcuts as innocent, we launch them which in
turn infects our PC or laptop with a virus which the geeks call
Simply speaking, the shortcut creates a backdoor to your system
so that it can access all your files,services and privileges
within that system & all others connected to it without your permission.
This is where HFV comes to help...Simply paste the location of your
Infected directory on the box & click Delete virus to get rid of virus.
As a safety precaution, keep this software backed up on system as well
since the virus which hides all files and creates a shortcut can also
hide this software as well.
P.S.It can also be used to hide your private data from Neighbors and Roommates;)
- Autorun Control: Enable or Disable autorun on different devices
- AUTO Mode : Runs in background and automatically cleans all USB devices when connected
- Additional layer of security through Password Protection
- Cleaner Mode : Cleans Virus from USB or Hard Disk
- Filter Mode : Selectively hides or unhides files
- Option to "Run at Startup" & "Start Minimized to Tray"
- Application can be controlled from tray for quick access
Interesting tool!! Other than this, One of the interesting tools that I found recently is DuplicateFilesDeleter.It is tool that can be used to find & remove duplicate files.It is a simple to use,but very effective tool to locate duplicate files in one or more selected search paths.It scans the files and compares them based on Byte for Byte Comparison, which ensures 100% accuracy. You can then choose to delete the selected duplicate or original files. The program is multi-threaded which enhances the performance immensely & performs scans very quickly.Worth trying.
Hidden Folder Virus - A superb solution for a non I.T. savvy person like me.