# HackerEX #
## About ##
This is a free open source tool for hacking into client-side applications or
files. ALL actions this software takes are initiated by user only so we
developers take no responsibility for any damage your software, hardware or
data may take from it.
## Legal ##
You're free to download the source and modify it for your own purposes - e.g.
implementing server support so as to test the hackability of your own server.
All derivitives of this software must contain a link to our SourceForge
Project. No commercial versions of this software are permitted.
Any downloaded codelists used by the user are the responsibility of the
original hacker. Any customized codelists are the responsibility of the user.
## Version Info ##
### Beta 9 ###
* Fixed Forgetting of number of sessions ( forgot to save the total sessions )
* Fixed Editor bug where it stopped updating under certain circumstances
* Fixed Result selection bug where the address was displayed in the value box as
well instead of the first value.
* Editor now auto-updates as you modify the read address
* Minor bug fixes
* Hack tree now auto-updates after selecting a profile.
* Move button now does what it's supposed to
* Move function now tries using the next element when moving right, if there is
none there then it will create one before moving the selected node.
### Beta 8 ###
* Finished Session support, limited to 5 sessions that will be remembered. Also
to reduce accidents the program will not automatically save the session when it
closes. Will need to change LastSession in hex.ini to Session_1.
* Added a feature to Profile dialogue, will now display area in list.
* Fixed master code for "Final Fantasy 12 ( UK )", somehow got chewed up during
porting first time when I was first experimenting. Lucky I had thought to save
original PS2 raw elsewhere before hand.
* Fixed Scrolling and Selection being forgotten by Editor whenever it updates -
That seriously irritated me.
### Beta 7 ###
* Really fix the Search function this time, tested on known address that takes
more than 1 search to narrow down.
* Really fix the duplicate column bug in results, first fix only got rid of
* Minor bug fix for Code analysing, noticed while attempting to fix a code -
I'll get back on that now that I finished fixing the most needed functions.
* Brought back automatic data fill when selecting result ( including setting
editor read address )
### Beta 6 ###
* Added the missing piece of the Search Algorithim that I forgot to implement.
Tested on known address to confirm is working. This also fixed the displaying
* Fixed duplicate columns in Result Tab.
* Fixed the "Infinite Sprint" hack from "Final Fantasy 12" uk version - now
wait's until the Chocobo has finished sprinting to override ( have to open menu
or change area to see override )
* Database and DLLs are now divided from main EXEs making updates easier on
### Beta 5 ###
* Fixed the issue with exponent not being recognised during validation ( I
completely forgot about that ).
* Hook events now try to automatically initiate the selected app if it is not
### Beta 4 ###
* Fixed issue with Editor grid not modifying memory correctly for anything
larger than 1 byte.
* Fixed issue with Editor not updating after it's been written directly into (
most noticeable when timed update is off or slow ).
* Fixed issue with Floating Point Text not validating correctly.
* Dialogues will now auto-rename files when saving. ( Partially Tested )
Note: FP usage is untested when it comes to Searching / Hacking - Best to
confirm the Hex of the FP is the same as a known FP from you're app
before it should be relied on.
### Beta 3 ###
* Preliminary support for editing grid has been added, for now grid needs to be
manually updated when a cell has been modified, also anything above 1 byte is
not going to come out correctly when entered via a cell.
* Fixed the issue with the grid not updating when the edit update box is set to
something other than "Never".
* Fixed issue with find_TXTOnChange being transferred to other boxes.
### Beta 2 ###
* Fixed the issue with the Editor grid scrolling memory read at wrong times
* Fixed the issue with Profile not displaying correctly on it’s Tab - noticed
when making screen shots
### Beta 1 ###
* Main GUI Designed to the best I can think of
* Hacking support for Windows 2000 and up
* Codelist format decided upon ( hopefully will serve as a baseline for future
Hack Tools like Xploder