The project was born when I wanted to write a 3D modeling + rendering engine in C++.
I wanted to create an easily expandable tool for the GUI, that will automatically know how to display the various objects for editing.
The goal was to make each object "know" how it should be displayed and changed, so that a simple GUI tool can display complex objects, and new objects can be created without having to spend time creating the "widgets" for them.
The basic requirements was:
- The "GuiObjects" don't know which graphical toolkit (e.g. gtk) will be used to display them.
- The objects can be displayed without knowledge of what exactly they are.
- save/load/undo/etc. will be taken care of automatically.
In addition, because this is a project I started to train in C++:
- there will be no dynamic casting! (I hate them)
- using c++0x (I want to learn - sorry!)
I'm still working on implementing a ray tracing program with it, and maybe other tools as well
Be the first to post a review of GuiObjects!