Menu

GlassBox installation on Websphere 6.1 Server

Help
2009-04-13
2013-05-15
  • Rishab Garg

Rishab Garg - 2009-04-13

Hi Friends,

I am unable to setup Glassbox on WAS 6.1. After deploying the glassbox war and running the client I got Glassbox installtion page. After that I got a page asking to set below variables

Automated Install Complete
    Glassbox Agent Install is Complete.

Running Glassbox Troubleshooter on your Application Server:
    Stop your WebSphere application server
    You must change the environment variables for your WebSphere server on startup.
    Insert the following environment variables for WebSphere startup (note text from a single line may be wrapped):
    set GLASSBOX_BIN_DIR=D:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv01\config\bin

set GLASSBOX_LIB_DIR=D:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv01\config\lib

set GLASSBOX_HOME=D:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv01\config\lib\glassbox

set JAVA_OPTIONS=%JAVA_OPTIONS% "-javaagent:%GLASSBOX_LIB_DIR%\aspectjweaver.jar" "-Dglassbox.install.dir=%GLASSBOX_HOME%"

Click Glassbox Troubleshooter Verify after your application server starts completely to verify Glassbox is up and running. Follow any further instructions on that page

Thank you for installing Glassbox.

Now the problem is I dont know where in WAS configuration, I need to set JAVA_OPTIONS.

Please help me.

Thanks.

• Ron Bodkin

Ron Bodkin - 2009-04-14

Typically in WebSphere configurations you need to use the admin console to set JVM options. You'll need to add these options and to add glassboxMonitor.jar to the classpath, at a minimum.

Ron

• Rishab Garg

Rishab Garg - 2009-04-16

Thanks Ron. I am able to run glassbox on websphere now. But the problem is it is not detecting any servlet operation deployed on same server.

• Rishab Garg

Rishab Garg - 2009-04-20

Hi.

I have successfully installed glassbox on Websphere 6.1 App server. But glassbox is not detecting any servlet operation. I have deployed both my application and glassbox on same server even though its not detecting any hits. Please help me out.

Thank you,
      Rishab

• Rishab Garg

Rishab Garg - 2009-04-21

Hi,

I am very thankful to Prasad. I am able to run glassbox and it is detecting my servlet operations now.

Rishab.

• KRM

KRM - 2009-05-15

Hi,

Can you share the complete set of steps to configure GlassBox on Websphere 6.1? A brief high level summary would help

Thanks
      Manju

• Daniel Chou

Daniel Chou - 2011-04-26

Hi, Rishab.
       I encountered the same problem: "Glassbox is not detecting any servlet operation. I have deployed both my application and glassbox on same server even though its not detecting any hits."

Would you please advise how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.