digiCamControl is an free and open source software. This allows you to save time by transferring images directly from your camera to your computer as you take each shot and allow to control camera shooting parameters.
- Control you camera remotely from your computer via USB
- Trigger image capture via release button on camera body or remotely from your computer.
- Handhold the camera, shoot, and have the resulting images displayed on the computer monitor.
- Bracketing with an arbitrary shutter speed or exposure value.
- Use the advanced interval meter to create a series of time-lapse images and generate time-lapse video.
- Manage multiple profiles.
- Histogram & photo metadata view.
- Review in full screen.
- Manage camera presets (saved camera settings).
- Webserver function allows the remote control of application functions via a web browser, e.g. smart phone.
- Multiple camera support, you can control multiple connected cameras at the same time, triggering photo capture in parallel, or one by one - we're looking forward to seeing your "bullet time" photos!
- Live view in computer display
- Bulb mode for D800, D4, D600, possibility to define custom shutter speed
- Automated focus stacking
- Motion detection
This is a piece of art: well thought user interface and packed with features. It supports so many cameras, according to my research more then the proprietary brands themselves. The support is fine. If you do not get prompt reply is because the questions was answered on the blog too many times :)
AWESOME!!! I like my new Nikon D5300, but find the software from Nikon a big disappointment (as compared to the Canon software ) I had hoped to use the wifi option on the camera for remote shooting, but that is 1-very limited and 2-only on android, not pc. digiCamControl has everything I want. It allows me to preview images on a large screen when shooting from a tripod., I'll just get a longer USB-cable. Love it.
This program is just excellent. As it is peranently updated and improved it is even better than Nikon's own 150 dollar Camera Control Pro version. For that reason alone it deserves a 5 star rating!
Used this program for several months. It fills a vital role for free DSLR to PC software integration. Completely free, easy to use, and few issues which are constantly improved, this is a great tool. One which I will happily and extensively continue to use!