Orwell Dev-Cpp with author authentication. Perfect for student homeworks, if you don't want your students to copy their homework files from others.
Introducing Homework files. These are regular source files with student's name and a security hash added at the end. Any cheating attempt by copying in the files / changing name will invalidate the hash and can be detected by the teacher. In addition, paste in authenticated files is only allowed from one's own files.
The hash is computed using the binary AuthDLL.dll file provided.
The CheckHash.exe tool checks the hash and reports the authentication status of of all .cpp files in the current directory. This tool is intended for teachers.
How to install: overwrite devcpp.exe in the installation folder (don't forget to backup before). Add AuthDLL.dll in the same folder.
Dev-C++ for Homeworks is based on Orwell's Dev-Cpp repository. Upstream updates follow Orwell's updates after some delay
- Works with authenticated (homework) files and normal files
- Homework files request student name
- Opening existing homework files doesn't allow changing student's name
- Adds secure hash at the end of homework files. Any modification of the file can be detected with the provided tool CheckHash
- Hash is computed with binary DLL provided.
- Paste is disabled in homework files
Be the first to post a review of Dev-C++ for Homeworks!