ConEmu-Maximus5 is a Windows console window enhancement (local terminal emulator), which presents multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable tabbed GUI window with various features.
Initially, the program was created as a companion to Far Manager, my favorite shell replacement.
Today, ConEmu can be used with any other console application or simple GUI tools (like PuTTY for example). ConEmu is an active project, open to suggestions.
Disclaimer. ConEmu is not a shell, so it does not provide "shell features" like tab-completion, command history and others. ConEmu does not provide remote access (SSH/Telnet/...) too. ConEmu is advanced console window (local terminal) where you can run any shell or remote access client of your choice. Also you may try Clink for bash-style completion in cmd.exe and PSReadLine or PowerTab in powershell.exe.
- proper smooth and friendly window resizing
- several programs (even simple GUI) in tabs and splits
- Quake style drop-down
- Windows 7 Jump Lists and Progress on Taskbar buttons
- easily run old DOS applications (games) in Windows 7 or 64-bit OS
- configurable and clickable status bar
- optional per-application settings (e.g. palettes)
- normal, maximized and full screen window graphic modes
- customizable font family, height, width, bold, italic, anti-aliasing (standard, clear type, disabled)
- using normal/bold/italic fonts for different parts of console simultaneously
- user friendly text and block selection
- vertical or horisontal cursor
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 colors
- drag and drop (explorer style), thumbnails and tiles in Far manager
- and more, and more...
Best tool to have real windows console with tabs. Works great with Cygwin.
Best alternative to CMD.exe and much easier to use than Console2/cygwin
Best cmd window replacement for windows. Working with msysgit, mingw and others are almost the same pleasure as in linux consoles
Beautiful user interface, and way better than Windows Powershell. My only complaints is that it does not seem to allow text selection, and it doesn't allow key combos for switching tabs (like in Ubuntu terminal).
The best soft