This player stands on the giant shoulders of FFmpeg. Audio rendering is accomplished via portaudio v19. Video rendering is via OpenGL. User interface is implemented with Qt 4. ASS/SSA subtitle rendering is implemented with libass.
This player provides several performance options to enable adequate video playback on slow hardware:
* skip loop filter
* skip non-reference frames
* skip color converter
* reduce playback speed to accommodate slow video decoding
NOTE: Linux binaries are not provided. Please build from source.
- in/out point looping
- alpha channel preview
- flat hierarchical searchable playlist
- automatic playlist bookmarks
- audio tempo scaling via a custom implementation of WSOLA algorithm
- de-interlacing via ffmpeg YADIF filter
- custom algorithm for automatic letterbox crop margin detection
- no-thrills rendering of embedded plain-text and bitmap subtitles
- rich rendering of embedded ASS/SSA subtitles
- chapters support
- OSX builds support Apple Remote
Very good Player, but please add srt support. edit: Ok, I found a way to create .ass from .srt and I can put colors and sizes as I like. Thanks
very good im was long time search alternative to vlc,mpc and mplayer
nice program, very simple. There needs to be support for text file playlists.