Adempiere running on mysql

Developers
2009-07-03
2013-03-08
  • Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2009-07-03

Hi community, have you noticed this?
    http://blogs.sun.com/praneet/entry/mysqling_adempiere

As I am not reading messages lately maybe I missed some thread, just wondering if anybody knows this:
    "I'll provide the repository location as soon as the code is committed. There are some formalities that are delaying the code check-in."

I hope the formalities are about company based dev - adempiere doesn't have such formalities to receive contributions  :-)
    And doors must be even more open to great contributions like this one.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• Teo Sarca

Teo Sarca - 2009-07-03

> As I am not reading messages lately maybe I missed some thread, just wondering if anybody
      > knows this:
      > "I'll provide the repository location as soon as the code is committed. There are some
      > formalities that are delaying the code check-in."

Excellent ! I am just wondering how we will maintain the migration scripts. Maybe we need
      to sponsor & help Paul to finish the AD_Migration functionality.

> I hope the formalities are about company based dev - adempiere doesn't have such
      > formalities to receive contributions :-)
      > And doors must be even more open to great contributions like this one.

Agree with you. The contribution should be commited in branches and then after interested parties will evaluate, it should go progressively in trunk. Having this situation, and also thinking of Berlin loooong discussions, i am wondering if we can keep this contribution somehow pluggable or at least isolated from the rest of the code. Maybe is a good oportunity to refactor the database layer...

What do you think ?

Best regards,
      Teo Sarca - www.arhipac.ro

• Joerg Viola

Joerg Viola - 2009-07-07

For the dummy: Does that mean we currently have no stored procs in the DB?
      I didn't take a look at that and,  well, thats nice!

• Paul Bowden (Adaxa)

No stored procs, but some functions that may need to be ported.

• ahm_baz

ahm_baz - 2009-09-17

are there any progress with adempiere on mysql ?

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2009-10-18

I have wrote there and taken note!

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hi everyone,

just to keep you informed.
    Last news which i have is email from Praneet in which he asked me to provide him with SVN access and folder where he can commit initial codes.
    I have supplied commit rights to Praneet for ADempiere SVN Server and created MySQL branch:
    http://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/adempiere/branches/mysql

Please stay tuned and prepare to help in the MySQL porting.
    We will have tasks to do.

Kind regards,
    Trifon
    www.catura.de

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hello everyone,

today we have good news.
    First commit into MySQL branch was done by Praneet.

<CIA-4> adempiere: praneettiwari * r10685 /branches/mysql/schema/ (. AdempiereDBSchema.sql):

Thank you Praneet!

Trifon
    www.catura.de

• Praneet Tiwari

Praneet Tiwari - 2009-10-20

Hi everyone,

Thanks at the outset for the interest shown in MySQL port.
    I have started the check in process.
    It will take me a day or two to be completely sure that I have put out whatever I have on my local box.
    I'll let you know when the code commit is over.

As was pointed out earlier in the discussion, some functions don't work properly. The other parts of DDL and DML have been verified.
    I'll need some experts to suggest workarounds for some 20 odd functions. I hope collective effort sees us through.

Last but most certainly not the least, thanks to Trifon and Red1 for helping me out.

-Praneet

• r035198x

r035198x - 2009-10-20

Sorry for being out of topic but is there a JPA/hibernate branch somewhere?

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2009-10-20

Praneet, thanks a lot and even more thanks for contributing here.

Can you please describe the problem with the 20 odd functions?

If possible can you describe the approach for mysql:

* did you need to do strong or minor changes to core?

* did you port the pl/pgsql functions, or used some SQLJ approach?

* did you write a ConvertMysql class (similar to ConvertPostgresql)?

Sorry to ask - it's just that I'm eager to know the work needed to integrate, and the committed code until now just show a client folder.  BTW, are you going to commit a complete branch, or just modified classes?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• Praneet Tiwari

Praneet Tiwari - 2009-10-21

Hi Carlos,

In spite of spending most of the day trying to check in the code the commit is still not over. I am getting tonnes of network problems. The commit speed is abysmally low. I managed to check in a zip file containing the entire source code. It's named trunk.zip.  I'll be very grateful if some one with better network connectivity can explode the trunk.zip inside the branch.

I spent almost 2 weeks trying to introduce hibernate layer. I must admit it does not appear to be a one man project. So currently there is no hibernate branch out here. ConvertMySQL is there, I tried a port of functions rather than SQLJ. I have the list of offending functions, I'll check that in as a spreadsheet. I guess we can have a more thorough discussion at that point.

I am pretty sure that if we get this one file right, we are through -
    http://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/adempiere/branches/mysql/schema/DDL/mySqlFunctions.sql?view=log

-Praneet

• r035198x

r035198x - 2009-10-21

I think porting Adempiere to JPA is important. Writing DBConvertors is not a natural pattern (for me at least). I thought there were people working on that already that's why I had asked earlier. Maybe I was mistaken.