Menu

ZBar not starting, access to camera is denied?

Help
2015-07-06
2016-02-01
  • Michelle Carenza

I have downloaded ZBar and ZBarSS and installed both programs. I launch the ZBar Command Prompt and when I enter the zbarSS command I get the "Wait up to 60 seconds for ZBarCam.exe to load..." as I am supposed to. After 120 seconds I get the error in the command prompt window that access is denied. The test from the window is as follows:

C:\Program Files\ZBar>zbarss
    C:\Program Files\ZBar>start zbarspreadsheet
    C:\Program Files\ZBar>zbarcam 1>zbar.txt
    Access is denied.

Does this software not play well with Windows 8, or are there some sort of settings I need to take care of in order to get the program to grab and use the webcam? I am trying to use the software on a Toshiba encore 2 tablet with Windows 8.

Thanks!!

• Mehedi Hasan Shah

I have also this problem. My platform win 7. Zbar reader working on cmd and it reading qr code perfectly. But it is not working to input data on Excel. If you solve this problem. plz inform me. Thanks

• Sam Rothermel

Sam Rothermel - 2016-02-01

When running Zbar command prompt, right-click and choose run in administrator mode. You may also need to create zbar.txt in your C:\Program Files(x86)\Zbar\ folder as it doesn't exist by default. Open notepad in administrator mode and save that document as zbar.txt

Hope that helps.