Menu

Level editor?

2009-10-11
2013-05-28
  • Andy Fielding

Andy Fielding - 2009-10-11

How do you make new levels? Is there an actual level editor, or what? Thanks!

• Remigiusz Dybka

Remigiusz Dybka - 2009-10-12

The level editor is launched with -e  option but it only works for levels in the current directory.<br>
    It is a nightmare to use…. You can copy levelX.lvl and levelX.png to your
    current directory and try zaz -e levelX and try it out (there's an F1 option for help).<br>
    The file format of the levels is explained
    <a href='https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=182277&group_id=274630'>here</a>.<br>
    In editor, you add nodes with RMB. To make a nice screenshot for thumbnails press space to start the level in test mode and when it's filled with balls - press F12.<br>
    Personally I use Blender to make all the graphics. You can find all .blend files for levels in files section (<a href='https://sourceforge.net/projects/zaz/files/zaz_levels.0.3.0.tar.bz2/download'>zaz_levels.0.3.0.tar.bz2</a>).<br>
    To start a level from the editor press ENTER. If you want to add your level to the game the only way for now is to add it to the rest of the levels with a number one bigger than the highest one (currently level12.lvl) or overwrite a level.<br>
    If you want to unlock all the levels, just edit the ./zaz/settings file and set all levelXcompleted to TRUE.<br>
    That should give you something to start with. I'll document the whole process with overlays and stuff after I add the level-set feature.<br>
    Happy hacking!

• Remigiusz Dybka

Remigiusz Dybka - 2009-10-12

The previous post looked nice in the preview with all my inline html. Sorry it looks bad now :)

• Andy Fielding

Andy Fielding - 2009-10-13

Thanks for your explanation. (I could still read it!) Cheers--a.

• Andy Fielding

Andy Fielding - 2009-10-13

I guess I'd better start making some harder levels. I just finished the game: CONGRATULATIONS-YOU HAVE JUST PWNED ZAZ.  :?)