Menu

Hibernate problems

Help
Anonymous
2003-10-01
2003-10-02
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-10-01

I've installed XPlanner 0.5.1 with MySQL 3.23.49 (InnoDB enabled) and Tomcat 4.1.27. I get the following error when I try to access the index.jsp page:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.DbcpException: java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverManagerConnectionFactory.java:101)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:184)
        at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:722)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:108)
        at cirrus.hibernate.connection.DBCPConnectionProvider.getConnection(DBCPConnectionProvider.java:39)
        at cirrus.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.(SessionFactoryImpl.java:149)
        at cirrus.hibernate.impl.DatastoreImpl.buildSessionFactory(DatastoreImpl.java:380)
        at cirrus.hibernate.impl.DatastoreImpl.buildSessionFactory(DatastoreImpl.java:369)

Looking throught the catalina.out log (startup) I noticed the following lines:

663 [HostConfig[localhost]] INFO cirrus.hibernate.Environment - Hibernate 1.2 final
    666 [HostConfig[localhost]] INFO cirrus.hibernate.Environment - hibernate.properties not found

I'm not aware of any hibernate.properties file on the system could this be the problem ?

Thanks

• Christian Noack

Christian Noack - 2003-10-02

hibernate.properties is the standard configuration file for Hibernate. It should be possible to tell hibernate that it's config file is xplanner.properties. I encountered the same problem. Maybe the xplanner configuration should be changed to fix that.
      What helped for me was setting a soft link from xplanner.properties to hibernate.properties (works only under unix/linux certainly)

Best regards,

Christian

• Stephen Bate

Stephen Bate - 2003-10-02

The log message means nothing. It's unfortunate that Hibernate prints at an info level (I could understand a debug level message). Hibernate is configured in XPlanner to use the xplanner.properties as it's property file but it prints this message anyway. In other words, this message always appears even in a properly running installation.

I googled the error message from the stack trace and allt he references to it were related to MySQL database user authentication. It looks like your connection URL is not set up correctly or MySQL is not configured with a user that has appropriate permissions (or the permissions weren't "flushed" after setting them). There are lots of possible causes of this problem, but that's where to look first.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-10-02

Thanks !

It was a MySQL priviliege issue. I was totally focused on the hibernate.properties file and did not consider all the options.