setting font name and font size for entire sheet

Help
sumit
2015-07-13
2015-07-14
  • sumit

sumit - 2015-07-13

Hi,
    I am not able to set font name and font size to entire sheet using XLSLib. I am working with windows 7, using Visual Studio 2008 and I have xlsLib version 2.4.0.
    When I am using API wb.font("Calibri"); it is not showing any effect. Here WB is my workbook. I was wondering if we have setting font at the level of sheet ?

Thanks
    Sumit

• David Hoerl

David Hoerl - 2015-07-13

The general approach to this is to create a style with what you want - one - then apply that to each cell as you add it to the sheet. Again, you will find code examples in the test files.

• sumit

sumit - 2015-07-14

Ok ... but can't we apply the font for a sheet as it happens in the excel file itself ?

• David Hoerl

David Hoerl - 2015-07-14

Well, look at the header file for sheets - I don't recall that you could but I might be wrong. If not, then Excel just remembers this format and then applies it automatically to each new cell added to the sheet.

Re-using styles is quite efficient - adding new ones to each cell causes all kinds of bad things to happen, and there have been several problems here related to people doing just that.