Menu

wired with jack and without portaudio ---

Help
antonios
2006-03-27
2013-04-24
  • antonios

antonios - 2006-03-27

is this possible? I d rather not use portaudio if I dont have too. It doesnt look like I can but I thought I should ask.

I m trying to build wired with its deps as a module for pure:dyne / dyneII  ( http://puredyne.goto10.org )
    a live cd for audio/visual artists mostly focused around a piece of sortware called pure-data (http://puredata.info)

This is the first of my questions more to come.

regards
    a

• Pierre-Jean Leger

Hum, in fact, that's a very actual matter inside our team. We wanted to keep Wired portable, and portaudio was the right choice, but for Linux users, Jack is a stronger solution...
      To be honest, we didn't try Jack implementation in portaudio, but maybe the smartest thing to do for us  would be to try to provide a good Jack implementation for portaudio, if not available.
      That would satisfy everyone...

And bu the way, your project to build a module is  (imho) a good one, we're here if you've got any further question.

Looking forward.

• antonios

antonios - 2006-03-28

Ok I got it compiled after all. A tool like wired would benefit loads with JACK support IMO. To hook it up with other programs. If I want to use wired in my current setup I want be able to use any other jack or alsa applications at the same time because portaudio is using the audio device.

Anyway keep up the good work your soft looks very nice.

I will upload the wired module I made and post it somewhere relevant on this forum.
      a

• Danni Coy

Danni Coy - 2007-01-26

Getting Port Audio to work properly with Jack would be excellent.... I am in the unfortuneate position where Jack is the only option for my professional soundcard. Any updates on this

• Doomsday

Doomsday - 2007-01-26

Currently, you can use Wired with Jack through PortAudio.

Test it and post feedback :)