Menu

Windows Vista

Help
barrgoss
2007-12-31
2013-04-17
  • barrgoss

barrgoss - 2007-12-31

I have downloaded every msi installer I can find and none of them will install correctly. I launch the msi and click on agree and next etc... and the install scroll bar goes completely across the dialog box once, then starts again and everytime it gets near the end of the second pass, it stops and immediately backs itself out and throws up an error that reads the installation was interrupted before it could complete. Close it and try again. And of course... it does that everytime.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried right clicking but there is no option to run as administrator and I went through every security option there is... several times each! This is aggrevating! I found an "inf" files for ACD's but when I right clicked it and then clicked "install" I get an error message that says this file can't be installed this way.

So I can't load WinACD or an inf descriptor for my 23" ACD. But I can set the properties to the native resolution in my disppaly options. Go figure!!!!

• David Washington

i had a little bit of trouble with this too but i was able to figure it out (of course because i worked on windows vista)

1) run an elevated command prompt
         a) click start
         b) type cmd
         c) press ctrl-shift-enter
         d) accept the prompt
      2) get the path of the msi
         a) shift-right click on the msi
         b) select "copy as path"
      3) type msiexec /i
      4) paste in your path
      5) hit enter

this is what it looked like for me:
      c:\> msiexec /i "D:\Profile\Downloads\Tools\WinACD-0.4.6.msi"

• Laurent Rathle

Laurent Rathle - 2010-04-30

I've tried to install ACD on a vista machine the way it is descrived here without success. It always stop with the same error message