Menu

Prefered IDE

Developers
2007-07-09
2013-04-22
  • John B. Moore

John B. Moore - 2007-07-09

John,

Do you use and IDE in developing Webhuddle??

If so which one?

The reason I ask is that I mainly use JBuilder, but it may be easier to contribute if I'm using the same one you are using..

Just downloaded the latest source from CVS..

Thanks..

John..

• John McCaughey

John McCaughey - 2007-07-09

I use Eclipse but I don't have it tightly integrated as the build/ant script is complex and I haven't had the time. 

But if you do 'ant ear' or similar, then right click on the project in Eclipse and choose 'Refresh' it should pick up the WebHuddle classes and give you auto-completion.  You also have to add references to the external libraries, like log4j.jar, servlet-api.jar, etc.  These appear in build/thirdpartylibs

• John B. Moore

John B. Moore - 2007-07-17

Ok..

The newest JBuilder 7 is now based on Eclipse so that might work out great..

"ant ear" ???

Lost me here..??

I'm new to Eclipse.. I tried importing via the build.xml but that did not work out.. (tried a build and it threw a number of errors on the Win32Mic section..)

I'll keep trying..

John..

• John McCaughey

John McCaughey - 2007-07-17

ant is a Java tool for command-line compiling, similar to make.  'ear' is just a build target.  So if you have ant and the other WebHuddle requirements for building from source, as described in docs/README-BUILD.txt, you can type 'ant ear' to compile everything.

For helping me out with audio on Mac OSX, however, it might be more effective to just make a simple audio capture Java app that captures 16 bit, 8khz audio from th mic and feeds it straight back into the output.  If this works, then I can alter the WebHuddle audio based on it.

What do you say?