#3954 Autoreply messages encoding: wrong diacritics

1.550
closed-fixed
Jamie Cameron
5
2011-07-28
2011-07-28
Anonymous
No

We use Usermin in Czech language to set autoreply (vacation) e-mails. Right now the autoreply.txt file saves in ISO-8859-2 encoding (BTW: why not Unicode?), but the autoreply e-mail that is sent has garbled diacritics (letters like ěščřžýáí) - perhaps the encoding is not defined in its header, or is defined wrong?

I tried to solve this by editing the /etc/usermin/forward/autoreply.pl file, i changed line 243 to this (I guess there was a variable with encoding autodetection result in it):

$type .= "; charset=".($cs || "iso-8859-2");

But - didn't help, which shows I'm really not a programmer:) now it displays fine in GMail, but that's it, roundcube, squirrel, outlook - all wrong.

I hope we can solve this problem. Thank you for developing webmin and usermin, great pieces of software!

Discussion

  • Jamie Cameron
    Jamie Cameron
    2011-07-28

    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     
  • Jamie Cameron
    Jamie Cameron
    2011-07-28

    The best fix is to either use the field on the autoreply form to enter the correct character set, or at the top of the autoreply text add the line :

    Charset: iso-8859-2

    The next Usermin release will make this more automatic ..