2013-09-03
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-09-03

I get an error when trying to plot a 3d dataset
    $ waffles_plot 3d sr.arff -blast -pointradius 300

Unrecognized command: 3d

Brief Usage Information:

Details follow.
    I am on a CentOS release 6.3 and have just installed waffles system wide following the instructions provided, i.e. sudo make install in the src directory. I also run sudo make install and make opt in the src/depends and demos directories respectively. Then I try to reproduce some examples on http://waffles.sourceforge.net/tutorial/dimred.html to familiarize myself with the program. I generate the swissroll manifold with
    waffles_generate swissroll 2000 -cutoutstar -seed 0 > sr.arff
    and then try to plot it with
    waffles_plot 3d sr.arff -blast -pointradius 300
    which is where I get the error message. Any idea why this does not work?

Thank you,
    Mario

• Mike Gashler

Mike Gashler - 2013-09-03

I am guessing that you are using the latest sources from our git repository? A recent change removed libpng as a dependency from most of the waffles apps. Since the "3d" tool still depends on libpng, I moved it out of waffles_plot, and I put it in waffles_generate. To build waffles_generate, go into the "depends" folder, and do "sudo make install". Then, use "waffles_generate 3d sr.arff -blast -pointradius 300" instead of "waffles_plot 3d sr.arff -blast -pointradius 300".

Ultimately, I plan to rewrite the 3d tool to generate an SVG plot, instead of a PNG plot. When I do that, I will move it back into waffles_plot, where it belongs. I'm not sure if I will get that done before the next release or not.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-09-03

Thanks, it works as you said.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel