Menu

Vuurmuur compile fails on Slackware 11

Help
2010-02-19
2012-12-07
  • robby pedro

robby pedro - 2010-02-19

Hi Victor, I was trying to upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8b2 on Slackware 11 however the vuurmuur portion fails with the following error:

make: Entering directory `/compile/Vuurmuur-0.8beta2/vuurmuur-0.8beta2/vuurmuur'
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -I/usr/include  -g -O2 -MT createrule.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/createrule.Tpo -c -o createrule.o createrule.c
    createrule.c: In function `pre_rules':
    createrule.c:3196: error: structure has no member named `invalid_drop_enabled'
    createrule.c: In function `create_interface_tcpmss_rules':
    createrule.c:3649: error: structure has no member named `target_tcpmss'
    createrule.c:3666: error: structure has no member named `tcpmss_clamp'
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/compile/Vuurmuur-0.8beta2/vuurmuur-0.8beta2/vuurmuur'
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/compile/Vuurmuur-0.8beta2/vuurmuur-0.8beta2'
    make: ***  Error 2
    make   failed with returncode 2.

I recently did the same upgrade on Slackware 12.2 and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Regards, Robby

• dguy

dguy - 2010-02-20

Is NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS enabled in your kernel or available as a module?

• robby pedro

robby pedro - 2010-02-20

Yes it's compiled as a mod - it's in my .config file for this custom compiled kernel:

CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS=m

I also have 2 modules called xt_TCPMSS.ko and xt_tcpmss.ko  in /lib/modules/2.6.24.5xs/kernel/net/netfilter.

Regards, Robby

• Victor Julien

Victor Julien - 2010-02-20

Please make sure that you install (make install) the libvuurmuur package first before building vuurmuur.

Also, maybe you have some leftover vuurmuur.h in /usr/include/ or /usr/local/include/

• robby pedro

robby pedro - 2010-02-20

Thank you!!! I did the separate steps and it worked. I think the reason for the failure is that I installed the original version ( 0.6 ) to /usr/local ) whereas I was trying to install to /usr this time, therefore there was probably some confusion between the libs and the build.