Menu

Support: Query Window in UltraVNC MSI

2008-10-08
2013-04-15
  • Hans Müller

Hans Müller - 2008-10-08

How I can insert in the UltraVNC.msi the query window?

I have used the MSI Creator 1.13 and have placed query settings on 4 and it does not function.

• MikeHarding

MikeHarding - 2008-10-08

I will look into this, sounds like I may have missed out a registry setting.

I saw your post on the UltraVNC forums as well, just to point out my application is not supported by them it is totally seperate.

• MikeHarding

MikeHarding - 2008-10-08

after looking through the forums, this seems to be related to how UltraVNC 1.0.2 works and therefore not a bug with the MSI Creator.

Try setting 'disableTrayIcon' to false in the MSI creator, set your QuerySetting to 4 and give it another go.

• Hans Müller

Hans Müller - 2008-10-09

OK it functions about distribution GPO.

BUT only in a VM not on a normal Workstation or Notebook.

WHY????

• MikeHarding

MikeHarding - 2008-10-09

I have tried my suggestion out on a few PCs and the Query Window works fine. Must be something wrong with your setup as I don't see this as being a bug with the Creator application.

• Hans Müller

Hans Müller - 2008-10-10

Hey Mike,

If your MSI function, could you send to me yours?

• Bolita

Bolita - 2008-10-22

I got the same problem with the query window, and I need that the systems display it and deny (after the delay) in order to deploy via GPO.

Also I am looking in order to make my own msi file (configuration and including video drivers). Is it possible that you can explain how works your program?? (I tried to read code source and its little hard for my little time).

Thank You

• Tony Delovski

Tony Delovski - 2009-09-10

I'm in the same boat here. I also have the same problem with the query window.
      Mike I have tried your advice 'disableTrayIcon' to false in the MSI creator with no luck.

Anyone manage to resolve this issue?
      Thanks

• Tony Delovski

Tony Delovski - 2009-09-10

Further testing shows if I stop the service and manualy run winvnc.exe from the prog files dir it works?