#9 segmentation fault

closed-fixed
nobody
None
5
2003-07-30
2003-06-05
Andrea Trasatti
No

I just installed V2.3.14, this is my first installation, some
pages work fine, but on another one I get this error:

MMCACHE: PHP crashed on opline 27 of main() at
/home/luca/timcafe/htdocs/date/date_vs_amico_lib.
php:22

[Thu Jun 5 15:41:02 2003] [notice] child pid 7081 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jun 5 15:41:02 2003] [notice] child pid 7080 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)

Debug is enabled. I guessed that the number "22" is the
line of the library. This is line 22:
function debug_msg ($msg) {

The function checks a couple of global variables to
understand the web server it's running on and sets
another global variable.

Without any cache or with php_accelerator works fine.

I am running Apache 1.3.14 with PHP 4.2.3 on a linux with
old glibc.

Any idea?

Discussion

  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=560825

    This happened loading mmcache as a zend_extension. Loading
    it as a php_extension hangs on another file...

    Ideas?

     
  • Dmitry Stogov
    Dmitry Stogov
    2003-06-06

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=124551

    Than you for your report. I think you found a new optimizer
    BUG. Try to disable optimizer. Set "mmcache.optimizer=0" in
    php.ini.

    Can I get your sources to try tu fix this BUG?
    Or can you localize this BUG and send test file to me?

     
  • Logged In: NO

    I get the same error without the optimizer.

    I will see if I can isolate the problem. We use quite a few
    classes and checking the error_logs better I noticed that there
    are many segfaults, about 5-6 different places.

    I'll see what I can do to help you.

    - Andrea

     
  • Dmitry Stogov
    Dmitry Stogov
    2003-06-25

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=124551

    Try the version 2.3.17

     
  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=560825

    I tried with V2.3.17 and I still get the same error. There's a
    difference though. With old cache I got the error at the first
    run and my service never worked. This time, with the new
    cache, it runs for a little while... After 2-3 reloads it starts
    crashing and never works anymore. If I clear the cache
    directory it restarts working for a little while.

    I regret to say I didn't have the time to replicate the error in a
    small PHP file. I'll try to do it when I can.

    It seems to be a problem with the initialization or loading...

     
  • Logged In: NO

    11

     
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     
  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=560825

    Version 2.3.20 seems to have solved this problem.