Menu

finalize 0.6.1 release

landroni
2014-12-09
2014-12-10
  • landroni

landroni - 2014-12-09

Hi!
    I went ahead and updated the Ubuntu PPA with the 0.6.1 release. I also see that 0.6.1 made the freeze into Jessie, so that's pretty cool.

Iwan, I looked into SF but couldn't find my around it. How can I update the website?

Thanks!

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2014-12-09

Hi Liviu,

I think I should be able to update the web page since I have a ftp-login and found some possibilities to update various details on the not so individually adjustable normal source forge page of the project as well. (I can't remember how exactly I got it. I guess Ivan helped.) What do you want to adapt?

I also see that 0.6.1 made the freeze into Jessie, so that's pretty cool.

I didn't know that. So it went well in the end. Close to the deadline it didn't look like it still could be done ...

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2014-12-09

Oh, now I can remember ... I pointed out the same thing to Ivan already since - like you - I didn't find a way to adjust this. Back then Ivan did this because he didn't want to point to a not yet approved version (if I remember correctly).

I fear only Ivan can change this.

• landroni

landroni - 2014-12-10

We should also be able to adjust the website.

Iwan, how can we do this? Where is the website stored?

• landroni

landroni - 2014-12-10

Now that seems like an easy, straightforward way to do it... :) Thanks. I'll check it out and get back if I hit trouble.

• landroni

landroni - 2014-12-10

Worked like a charm! Fortunately my rudimentary vim knowledge was just enough to perform the changes. I also fixed several broken or outdated links.

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2014-12-10

Great. Thank you both for helping out with this update.

I didn't install the most recent version but compiled it from source. Therefore I'm curious if it contains the new game icon - the little red racing car. I unfortunately can't see it ...

• landroni

landroni - 2014-12-10

That's a good question. I've been wondering about it myself.

From a cursory glance at the code it seems that by default trigger doesn't install any icon in the Desktop.org specs. Only the binary. We have the icons in data/icon/ though. For the Ubuntu packages I haven't bothered to change the packaged icon: will do so on another occasion. For Debian packaging and others, we should inform the maintainers about the change in icon...