Hebrew DIsplay

Help
adam777
2008-02-12
2013-04-25
  • adam777

adam777 - 2008-02-12

Hello all,
    I've recently discovered OggPlay and it seems like a good choice for my 6120C.
    I have one big problem, though, using the latest version (1.72) I can not see hebrew fonts in the playlist, it shows up as empty squares.
    I am able to see the hebrew fonts when viewing file properties.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2008-02-12

Hi,

This is a known issue with the fonts. The easiest solution is simply to uninstall the fonts package. To do this safely you need to follow these steps: 1. Restart your phone. 2. Uninstall OggPlay fonts. 3. Restart your phone.

If you do this you should get hebrew text displayed correctly but the text may not match perfectly with the skin background. In other words, OggPlay may not look as good as it was meant to.

A better solution is for me to make you a skin specifically for your 6120. In order to do that I need to know what the fonts are on the device. If you want me to make you a new skin you will have to send me the fonts from your phone:

1. Using Y-browser (or some other file manager) locate the folder z:\resource\fonts
      2. Select all the files and copy them off the device (i.e. by copying them to a memory card)
      3. Put them in a .zip file (or a .rar) and email them to me.

• Stuart Fisher

Stuart Fisher - 2008-02-12

Alternatively it might be better if I just tell you how to make your own skin. It would be good to get some other people working on this project. Let me know if you are willing to give it a try...

• adam777

adam777 - 2008-02-13

Hi Stuart,
      First of all, thanks for the quick reply.
      I'd be happy to help a little if I can, but not during the coming weeks, I'm a bit preoccupied with University duties :-(
      I'll be sure to be in touch when things become more relaxed.
      Adam.