Sweet Home 3D is a free software designed to draw the plan of a home, arrange furniture on it, and display the result in a 3D view or video.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly. The user may:
- draw walls and rooms of his home upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels,
- change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings,
- drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories, in which he can import 3D models created by himself or downloaded from web sites like Trimble 3D Warehouse,
- change the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture,
- view the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point,
- create a photorealistic image of his arrangement depending on the location of light sources and the sun,
- create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
- print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
Sweet Home 3D is available in 23 languages and may be run under Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.8, Linux and Solaris with Java Web Start from project web site at http://www.sweethome3d.com/, with installers bundled with Java available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/download, or with an applet available online at http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp?trial=true .
The version 4.0 brings the features described at http://www.sweethome3d.com/history.html among which the ability to customize furniture materials, to modify the color or texture of all the walls around a room, to create a set of photos at chosen points of view, and to automatically check updates.