Menu

install on windows?

vincent
2005-03-03
2013-04-08
  • vincent

vincent - 2005-03-03

can it be install on windows? i can't seem to be able to open the zip file.

• J. Sun

J. Sun - 2005-03-04

I am writing up an installation instruction. I tested mostly on LINUX, the procedure is similar though.  I will post the instructions soon.

• vincent

vincent - 2005-03-07

ic. i can't seem to be able to use the demo website as well..

can you release the source, sql in zip format first and i try to install in my system.

• J. Sun

J. Sun - 2005-03-07

hm, that is strange.  I can run the demo fine.  Was is  http://arias_en.suniant.com   ?   
      user name: admin
      password: password

• J. Sun

J. Sun - 2005-03-07

I tested winzip or winrar can be used to open the tgz file.    What is the unzip program are you using?

• vincent

vincent - 2005-03-09

I try to run the demo at your website but after i login i click any of those tab (eg order management) then I was kick out by the system. Did any of you have that?

• J. Sun

J. Sun - 2005-03-11

Well, I assume you are using IE.   IE has this stupid bug that it drop sessions if the domain name has a "_".  Before it was arias_en.suniant.com, and I can reproduce your bug.  Now I redirect it to ariasen.suniant.com, and  everything is OK.

Can't believe IE has this kind of bugs.

• vincent

vincent - 2005-03-11

tried to install but got a blank screen. Does it like arias it has a wizard to configure the system?

is the homepage to http://..../links.php?

• J. Sun

J. Sun - 2005-03-11

Blank screen generally means your php installation is not correct.  check your /etc/php4/.../php.ini, does it have lines such as
        extensions=pgsql.so
        extensions=mcrypt.so

It is a common error that when you install pgsql from debian, it is not enabled in the php.ini file.

• Jay

Jay - 2006-10-28

Hi,

Can the latest version 2.20 be installed in Windows?  I realize that the documentation said Linux.  Just curious if anyone tried windows and what would be required to make it works. 

Thanks!!

-Jay

• J. Sun

J. Sun - 2006-10-30

Yes, the newest one 2.20 has been tested on winxp.  after postgresql is installed, it is relatively easy to install suniantERP.  There is even a new "install wizard", which is just like many other web-based applications.  The INSTALL file has some details on that.

J.