Menu

binary format for svn-up

Help
2003-06-12
2003-06-25
  • Fred Trotter

Fred Trotter - 2003-06-12

I am interested in using your plugin under linux. So I was going to investigate a "binary" installation. However I am wondering what exactly this means. Do you mean an RPM?

This is kind of difficult because such a file would need to have "Java" as a dependancy... which can mean lots of things. If you could be more specific about what you want/need, I will do my best to make that happen.

Thanks,
    Fred Trotter
    www.fredtrotter.com

• Daniel Bradby

Daniel Bradby - 2003-06-13

What I mean is that it would be good if we could get a version of the SVNUP libraries I am using compiled for Linux then I could create a Linux version of Subclipse as well.

http://svnup.tigris.org seems to have some info in the source to create them but they don't distribute a linux binary .. only a windows one.

If you could get SVNUP compiled for Linux that would be great!

Daniel

• Nobody/Anonymous

Sorry to jump in here a binary distribution does not really make sense in linux, due to the moving target nature of this platform and the fact that some C code is involved.

The best thing would be to make a source package with a decent (autobuild)build file or a source bundle of the java sources and the svn-up libraries, so that the users can make the stuff themselves, then the distro distributers will make the binaries for their respective distros. Have in mind that Linux currently runs on around 10 differen processor platforms and has a myriad of distros. So I think a small source bundle with the svn-up and java sources and a bunch of build files would be the better solution.